Lesson 10 Rectangle functions
Perimeter of 12
- Can you list in the box the lengths and heights of all the rectangles that have a perimeter of 12?
- Use these values of length and height to plot them on a grid. Using a coloured pen join up the points in a straight line using a ruler.
- What does this line you have drawn mean?
- Are there any more rectangles of perimeter 12?
- What happens to your rectangle as your line reaches either the horizontal or the vertical axes?
- Without working out any lengths or heights for rectangles with perimeter 20, can you sketch where the coloured line would be?
Together with your group, compare the lines that you have drawn for rectangles of different area, and the lines that you have drawn for rectangles of different perimeter.
- Describe the differences.
- What do you think causes the differences?